Introducing Advanced Yoga Fundamentals: Essentials for teaching Yoga
Advanced Yoga Fundamentals: Essentials for teaching yoga is part of Yoga Synergy’s 200h yoga teacher training course, so by completing this course you have done 20 non-contact hours towards 200h Teacher Training with Yoga Synergy. Advanced Yoga Fundamentals plus ‘Anatomy & Physiology of Yoga’ online course are part of Yoga Synergy 300h Teacher Training.
Bianca and Simon’s combined expertise – as yoga teachers and physiotherapists – led to the development of the university course, Body, Breath and Movement, at RMIT in Melbourne. That course forms the basis of ‘Essentials for teaching Yoga’. The online yoga teacher training course blends modern science with traditional hatha yoga, with a focus on the practical application of anatomy and physiology to enhance your yoga practice. Topics covered include:
- History and philosophy of yoga
- Applied anatomy and physiology of yoga
- How to safely and effectively practise physical yoga
- Practice session on how to lengthen nerves
- Practice session on how to best move with the spine
- Practice session on one-legged poses
- Practice session on spinal twists
- Practice session on inverted postures
- Practice session on breath-control exercises
- Practice session on meditation and relaxation
What You’ll Learn In Advanced Yoga Fundamentals: Essentials for teaching Yoga
- WHAT each pose entails including internal actions usually undetected visually
- WHERE to focus activity in the body to reach the desired outcome of the pose
- WHEN a pose is best performed in the sequence/when the body is ready for more challenge
- WHY the pose affects movement of energy and information in the body’s deep pathways
- HOW the body can achieve the greatest benefit from each pose through tips and mindsets
About Simon Borg-Olivier
Simon Borg-Olivier, MScBAppSc (Physiotherapy) APAM c-IAYT, has been practising traditional forms of posture, movement, breathing, and mental control for 50 years. He has been teaching for 38 years and has been a registered physiotherapist for 23 years.
Simon also works as a research scientist and a University lecturer. He has been regularly invited to teach about lifestyle, posture, movement, breathing and meditation at conferences, festivals and intensive teacher training courses internationally since 1990.
He is also co-director of YogaSynergy, one of Australia’s oldest and most respected yoga schools, which has a style based on a deep understanding of modern medical science and traditional forms of exercise and therapy from all over the world.
Simon has studied with great traditional masters from Tibet, Japan, India and China. Along with his business partner and fellow physiotherapist, Bianca Machliss, Simon has co-authored many books and scientific articles including ‘Applied Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga’, which is the textbook for two undergraduate and postgraduate courses they teach at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia.
Currently, Simon conducts intensive training courses in India, Bali, Europe and Australia. He also teaches many online courses on the applications of posture, movement and breathing and mental control, for fitness, internal health, wellbeing and longevity.
Whether a novice, advanced practitioner or long-time teacher, you will benefit greatly from this online course.