Finally master the clotting cascade and be prepared to recognize the changes that indicate a potentially life-threatening complication. In this session you will also learn about common markers for hepatic dysfunction as well as the etiology and treatment strategies. Outpatient or Inpatient, Acute or Chronic, Hepatic disorders are common to every practice environment and this course provides you with the tools needed to succeed.
What You’ll Learn In Liver and Labs in Detail Along with Coagulation Complications
- Communicate what parts of the clotting cascade are measured by the APTT and the INR.
- Categorize expected findings on the labs for a patient with DIC.
- Present the pathology behind Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia.
- Liver Function Tests
- Clues to the Injured or Sick Liver
- Hepatic Failure
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Coagulation Studies
- The Clotting Cascade
- INR Goals
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy (DIC)
- Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT)
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Other Healthcare Professionals