Transform trauma, meet difficult challenges with ease, and truly thrive — with proven practices for mastering your life-force energy. Discover how to use your breathing to activate or calm your energy at will, resolve and release root issues, and sustain your energy throughout the day.
What You’ll Learn In Mastering Your Charge
Anodea will guide you through a proven 7-step process of understanding the nature of charge — and learning to track and harmonize it to heal your mind-body. If you’re a therapist, coach, or healer, the insights and practices you’ll receive can also be used in your work with clients.
Each teaching, discussion, and training session will build harmoniously upon the next so you have a complete, holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to work effectively with your charge, and to share that knowledge with others.
Module 1: Discovering the Nature of Your Charge
Charge is the key to your basic life force… a.k.a. prana, chi, or libido. Most of us are completely unaware of our charge until it gets imbalanced with too much or too little, which can lead to anxiety and depression.
Understanding the nature of your charge can revolutionize the way you think about yourself, your emotions, your actions, and your relationships. This module introduces the concept of charge, and how it works in your body and life.
- The ways your life force, or charge, is affected by your inner psychology
- That charge is the connecting interface between your mind and body, helping you integrate the two
- The difference between emotional charge, sexual charge, and the charge needed to get work done
- How to discern between positive and negative charge
- How to use the natural charging and discharging that happens in your body throughout the day to create more balance
- How the way you “bind your charge” contributes to body shape — weight, muscular tension, and pain
- A simple morning practice to generate more charge for your day… that’s more effective than coffee!
Module 2: Tracking Your Charge’s Movement
Charge arises for a reason. In order to master your energy, you first have to discover how to track your charge — noticing where it is, where it isn’t, where it may be blocked, and where it’s trying to go.
This session will guide you to uncover and liberate original impulses deep within the core of your body that have been trying to get free for a long time. Tracking charge in yourself and others is an important skill in all healing processes.
- The charge/discharge cycle — where you might be blocking your flow and how to unblock it
- Daily techniques for tracking the increase and decrease of your charge
- Signs and symptoms of too much or too little charge
- Your charge comfort zone and learning how to comfortably expand it for more freedom and a bigger life
- What’s really happening when you get triggered — and how to see all triggers as a gift
- Why harvesting your charge, as opposed to binding or discharging it, can create energetic wealth
Module 3: Liberating the Energy in Your Blocks & Defenses
Defenses are pockets of stored charge that work against you in innumerable ways. Just as people in an argument tend to get stronger in their respective positions, charge tends to reinforce your defenses.
Defenses rob you of your vital life energy, to say nothing of blocking the process of receiving and letting go. Learning to release the charge in your defenses gives you more energy and empowers you to be more vulnerable and receptive.
- How to let go of the charge in any situation and lower your defenses so you can be more open and receptive
- Why you experience a “double return” of energy when you free yourself from defensive activity
- A simple process you can do most anywhere to unbind the charge that’s become “body armor”
- A guide to honor your natural resistance and need for safety, yet still be able to liberate the energy trapped in your defenses
Module 4: Igniting Your Core Through Balancing Your Chakras
The chakras, which are energy centers aligned along the core of your body, manage charge at different levels of consciousness. Each chakra has an important job to do to enable you to live a full-spectrum life — related to everything from your earthly instincts to your loftiest ideals.
Balancing the chakras brings you deeper into alignment with your sacred core, the most direct connection between Heaven and Earth — and the central channel for charge. In aligning your chakras, you align with important principles that can transform the way you take care of yourself, perceive the world, relate to others, and fulfill your highest purpose.
- How to be at the center of your charge, for direct access to the sacred core that activates your chakras
- How to diagnose chakra imbalances through the concept of excess and deficient charge
- Charging and discharging techniques to bring balance to your chakras for healing and spiritual alignment
- How anxiety and depression trap energy in the third chakra — and what to do to release it
- A charge-calming technique for entering meditation and experiencing transcendence
- The nature of kundalini, which is condensed charge
Module 5: Releasing Fixed Patterns of Character & Personality
As children, we are full of charge. The process of growing up teaches us how to manage our charge, either appropriately or dysfunctionally. Some of this programming shapes the deep grooves of who we are — in body, mind, and spirit.
Austrian psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich identified these patterns of held charge and called them Character Structures. In this session, you’ll learn about the five basic character patterns and how you can move beyond your character pattern and into your true essence.
- Each character pattern’s gifts and challenges… and how to maximize the gifts and master the challenges
- The ways each character pattern handles charge — and how this literally shapes the body
- Practices for transforming character patterns and experiencing more presence
- How the five character types can help you in all your relationships
- The “schizoid” pattern, which describes people who tend to “live in their head”
- The character pattern that makes people good lovers
- The trap of being too perfect or having too much power
Module 6: Clearing Trauma & Regulating Turbulence
Most of us have experienced trauma, whether mild or severe. Trauma involves charge that is trapped while in a highly activated state. This leaves the energy body strongly dis-regulated, which results in a kind of internal turbulence that can create discomfort, pain, illness, and emotional imbalances.
Because the nature of trauma can be overwhelming, it’s important to discharge trauma carefully. Whether you work with others as a psychotherapist or healing professional, or you’re managing your own trauma, this module will show you how to work with trauma safely, harvesting its charge without getting overwhelmed or re-traumatized.
- How to recognize a trauma vortex and steer yourself away from shame and fear
- That trauma blocks the flow of charge — and how you can release and harmonize your charge for optimal energy flow, opening the way to healing and freedom
- A simple tapping technique to quickly bring you out of discomfort and back into self-regulation
- How to “titrate” the energy of the trauma vortex and release it safely and comfortably
- A more expansive comfort zone as a result of releasing trauma-related charge
Module 7: Harmonizing Your Relationships & Keeping Them Juicy
The charge of attraction is what initially pulls us into relationship, yet it can work against us later on. Inevitably, your partner, friends, or co-workers will do something that triggers you, and the result may be damaging.
Some people just close up and lock down on their charge when this happens, while others dump their emotional charge on others. Both patterns erode intimacy. This module looks at how to dismantle the difficult patterns of charge in your relationships for more growth, trust, and intimacy.
- How to regard your triggers as valuable gifts
- A simple process to handle your triggers and harvest their gifts
- How to come back after a rupture in intimacy and restore connection
- Differentiation… a key to sustain the charge of attraction over the years
- A technique to use when your partner gets triggered
- The nature of “charge dynamics” in groups and politics
About Anodea Judith
Anodea Judith, PhD, is a worldwide spiritual teacher and the bestselling author of the seminal Wheels of Life: A User’s Guide to the Chakra System … Charge and the Energy Body: The Vital Key to Healing Your Life, Your Chakras, and Your Relationships… and seven other books. As a yoga specialist and somatic psychotherapist with trauma specialization, her work is a unique combination of techniques useful to therapists, coaches, teachers, and those on their own healing journey.
She’s the founder and director of the teaching organization, Sacred Centers. She holds a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology and a doctorate in Mind-Body Health, with advanced yoga certifications.
Mastering Your Charge offers you an opportunity to be guided and inspired by Anodea Judith. Her practical methods are grounded in the body, psychologically sophisticated, and soulful.
Anodea has spent her life studying charge. She’s a world-renowned workshop leader, somatic psychotherapist, and a writer and teacher on chakras, healing, and yoga.
Anodea will transform the way you think about your energy, emotions, and mind. You’ll receive a new paradigm for energetic, physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual healing that you can apply to yourself or in your work with clients.
After nearly 40 years of teaching on the interface of psychology, energy, and consciousness — and writing several seminal books, including Charge and the Energy Body: The Vital Key to Healing Your Life, Your Chakras, and Your Relationships… Wheels of Life: A User’s Guide to the Chakra System… and Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self — Anodea knows exactly what works (and what doesn’t) to master your charge for healing and growth.