Corrective Mat For Pinched Nerves In The Neck, Back And Periphery.
In Treating Trapped Nerves, you’ll learn how to:
- Isolate the source of nerve pain and limited mobility
- Release reflexive muscle spasms that affect neuromuscular function and cause inflammation
- Restore pain-free, full-range movement to the spine, arms and legs
- Address complex issues around the thoracic outlet, cubital tunnel, low back, sciatic nerve and more
- And you’ll earn 16 CE hours for State and National Licensure
A variety of problems arise when nerves become impinged or trapped in key joints throughout the body. Compression of nerves in the body’s peripheral nervous system can lead to numbness, motor weakness, muscle spasms, pain, and the development of protective scar tissue.
With a professional level of understanding of neuromuscular anatomy, you can easily begin to correct these problems for their clients. Neuromobilization techniques addressing nerve impingement were originally developed from research of physiotherapists Geoffrey Maitland, Michael Shacklock and David Butler. This course covers that research in-depth, with a full-color manual, videos, worksheets and supplemental reading.
These resources are bursting with colorful illustrations, demos and diagrams explaining the anatomy and function of joints, nerves and muscles. All 3 DVDs feature Erik Dalton demonstrating a Myoskeletal Alignment Therapy for neuromobilization, correcting nerve impingements and reducing inflammation.
The Treating Trapped Nerves course is part of the Master Myoskeletal Therapist (MMT) Certification requirements. Upon completion, you’ll be able to address a variety of pain and mobility problems caused by nerve impingements in the body’s joints.
Develop These Skills for Treating Impairments in the Treating Trapped Nerves Course
- Perform accurate assessments of joint positioning and mobility
- Encourage joint mobilization with maneuvers such as traction and gliding
- Combine soft tissue massage with active stretching and muscle energy techniques
- Educate clients on corrective home exercises to assist your work
- Utilize over 65 nerve mobilization assessments and corrective techniques
If you would like to master advanced skills to help clients recover from a variety of nerve entrapments, you’re going to love this work!
Included in the home study course are three DVDs packed with technique demonstrations and educational graphics and a full color reference manual for your treatment room. Rich in detail and explanation, these resources teach how to work with the anatomical structures of muscles, connective tissue and joints.
About Erik Dalton
With over thirty years educating massage therapists around the world, Erik Dalton is among the most highly regarded educators in the profession. With a comprehensive understanding of the interplay between mind and body, structure and function, he has developed Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques which is changing the world of pain treatment and management.