Strengthen your artistic muscles with Nathan Fowkes, concept artist and color stylist for DreamWorks, Disney, Blue Sky Studios, and many others!
Nathan has created 30 demonstrations lasting up to an hour each and provided all the relevant references so you can paint along with each workout every day for 30 days. The workout is carefully structured to take you through the process of:
- Understanding light and surface to give a compelling believability to your subjects.
- Creating meaningful color harmonies.
- Managing and organizing the complexities and difficulties of color.
- Creating color harmonies to convey powerful emotions.
- Tackling a single subject with many different color and lighting solutions to create a different emotion each time.
The workout will also guide you through the process of visual storytelling by quickly comping out your ideas tonally then bringing them into an emotional color design. Nathan will even show how to bring an idea to a loose but presentation finish in just one hour!
And you don’t have to be an animation artist, this workout is for any and every artist who uses color and light!